Developmental Electronics Engineer
Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Test Center (AFTC) is where tomorrows Air Force is tested! Long considered the “Center of the Aerospace Testing Universe”, AFTC is truly where Air Force superiority begins. Home to many Aerospace establishments and records, AFTC remains the state-of-the-art leader in Aerospace testing, and provides the warfighter with cutting-edge technology. AFTC does not only celebrate its past, but we continue to lead from the front. Join our team today and make Aerospace history!
The Air Force Test Center is looking for a Full-Time Avionics Engineer (NH-0855-02T03) to work at the Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) in the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), at the 412th Test Engineering Group, 775 Test Squadron, at Edwards AFB in Edwards, CA.
NO 6-MONTH WAIT! Recently retired and/or retiring from MILITARY service ARE eligible for immediate appointment for AFTC positions. The 180-day waiting period has been waived for AFTC to hire recently retired and/or retiring service members.
Full-time Air Force Civilian Service employees enjoy the below benefits, and more!
• Paid Time-Off:
o 11 Federal Holidays off per year
o Vacation time (Annual Leave) accumulates based on length of employment. Starts at 13 days (104 hours) per year and up to 26 days (208 hours) per year
o 13 sick days per year (104 hours)
• Various Medical, Dental & Vision packages to choose from for entire family
o Pension: Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
o 401K: Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) available with up to 5% agency matching
• Flexible work schedules and shift work may be available (depends on position)
• Employee assistance Programs
• Health and Wellness resources
• Tuition Assistance & Professional Development opportunities
• Many career enhancement and promotion opportunities
• This position MAY be eligible for a recruitment/relocation incentive. Specifics will be discussed with the Selecting Official
• up to 20% telework possible (must reside in the local area)
This position has a typical 2023 salary range of $43,646 - $148,255 (includes locality).
Announcement Closes: 17 October 2023 at 11:59 pm (EST)
Position specific skills and experience desired in a potential candidate:
- BS in Electrical Engineering is desired.
- Experience working on multidisciplinary engineering teams desired
- Experience authoring technical documents is desired
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a professional engineer responsible for test engineering in assigned programs/projects. Employee applies multidisciplinary engineering techniques and management principles to determine optimum test approaches and procedures for achieving program test and evaluation objectives, and/or to determine operational or technical adequacy of item or system requirements or specifications. Duties performed support the acquisition, development or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, and/or support equipment.
- Performs a wide variety of professional engineering duties associated with administering test and evaluation (T&E) efforts for a specialized area within assigned projects/programs.
- Ensures test data and information collected measures progress in systems and capability development. Assesses, evaluates, and compares test data and results with modeling and simulation results, system performance and mission requirements, test plan objectives, and presents the outcome in the form of plots, tables, and other graphic representation.
- Performs analysis and uses systematic, disciplined, and quantifiable approaches to implement, develop, and document projects. Evaluates and recommends procedures and innovative techniques and methods to achieve goals.
- Participates in planning conferences, prepares management reports, and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation, and corrective action. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all associated personnel. Meets with key personnel to assess customer satisfaction, explain organizational policy and procedures, and resolve issues.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Obtain & maintain Security clearance
- This is a designated Drug Testing Position
- Education requirements: BS in Engineering
o To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
- Travel approximately 30 days per year.
- Knowledge of professional engineering concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, materials, and equipment to effectively apply multidisciplinary engineering theories, procedures, and techniques to test and evaluation activities.
- Knowledge to perform the requirements planning, coordination, test direction, data collection, analysis, and reporting of results for a wide variety of test projects.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art in development of test techniques, procedures, and processes to provide credible and precise technical inputs during test and evaluation.
To apply, complete an application and upload your resume (PDF preferred) and supporting documents (Transcripts, certifications, etc.).
For tips on how to write a Federal Resume, checkout the following link(s):
Visit the below link for information on the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Classification and Qualifications for most work in the Federal Government: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with Air Force Civilian Service, please register at www.AFciviliancareers.com and click “Subscribe” in the top right corner.
Please visit the Air Force Test Center job board to view other career opportunities: https://www.aftc.af.mil/About-Us/Jobs/
Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required. Must be of legal working age.