Quality Engineer - Alarm.com for Business
Alarm.com for Business is looking for a Quality Engineer to support our offerings by validating hardware, back-end, and software related to Small & Medium Business solutions. The Quality Engineer will collaborate with product development teams to ensure our products meet industry-governed quality standards. This role will also deliver solutions from conceptualization to launch and post-launch performance.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree, 0-2 years of relevant experience, advanced computer/technology skills, be able to communicate clearly to all levels of leadership, and contribute towards product/system improvements to resolve in-field product issues and improve overall product quality. The Quality Engineer should be comfortable with rapidly changing priorities, able to contribute to our product roadmap success, and deliver great solutions at scale. If you enjoy challenges, this cross-functional role is an enormous opportunity for you to grow and make a huge impact.
- Own the testing process end-to-end: be entrepreneurial, wear multiple hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment,
- Work alongside the product development team, carefully balancing risk and delivery
- Develop test plans, document appropriate defects, and provide relevant data for test reporting.
- Triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution.
- Set up and maintain test environments for success
- Apply test methodology, engineering, and product knowledge in certification of products and weekly deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant discipline
- 0-2 years of QA experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Attention to detail and ability to provide clear, informative test steps.
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, time management, and analysis skills.
- Self-motivated with strong technical and communication skills, and a deep interest in product quality
- Team-focused, with a proven track record of thriving in a collaborative environment.
- ‘Willing to Learn’ mindset.
- Quality Assurance Certifications (CQA/CQE)
- Experience with hardware testing
- Strong knowledge of IoT / Home automation space
- Proficient in estimating testing schedules and optimizing test plans
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 7.6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits inclusive of subsidized medical plan options, an HSA with generous company contribution, a 401(k) with employer match, and paid holidays, wellness time, and vacation increasing with tenure. Paid maternity and bonding leave, company-paid disability and life insurance, FSAs, well-being resources and activities, and a casual dress work environment are also part of our outstanding total rewards package!
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Notice To Third Party Agencies:
Alarm.com understands the value of professional recruiting services. However, we are not accepting resumes from recruiters or employment agencies for this position. In the event we receive a resume or candidate referral for this position from a third-party recruiter or agency without a previously signed agreement, we reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to you. If you are interested in working with Alarm.com, please email your company information and standard agreement to RecruitingPartnerships@Alarm.com.