STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
SALARY: $4,345.47 - $5,432.27 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 03/23/23
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking an Accounting Analyst based in Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position is responsible for financial reporting for compliance and monitoring of assigned federal, state, private, and other receivable and payable grants within the Grants Section of the Fiscal Division of Wyoming Game and Fish. In addition, this position administers grant award agreements and provides technical assistance regarding grants to agency staff and external entities.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Responsible for the financial and programmatic management of multiple grants--payable and receivable grants, federal, trust, third party grants, Memoranda of Understandings( MOU's), Memoranda of Agreements (MOA's), and Cooperative Agreements (CA's), Cost Share Agreements (CS), barter, $0 agreements, etc.
- Responsible for ongoing review and monitoring of grants' budgets and expenditures to ensure targets are met.
- Review and analyze accounting records to identify sources of financial report discrepancies and monitor the flow of matching funds to ensure proper ratio of federal, state, and other expenditures.
- Complete accurate and timely preparation of grant billings using spreadsheets and documentation to support grant expenditures.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring and amendment of grant program goals and performance and coordination with project coordinators, grantors, and grantees on the status of grants.
- Participate in financial and program audits.
- Responsible for preparation of multi-funded, federal, state, trust, and other third-party Grant application packages for submission and approval.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of comprehensive financial records of expenditures and revenue for various funding sources.
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret fiscal information related to federal financial reporting, third-party funding, trust board funding, and other primary resources of grand funds using established accounting procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for closeout of grants, MOU's, MOA's, CA's, and CS's to include final reconciliation of costs and ensure the project has been completed and required deliverables received.
Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in Business Administration or accounting plus 3-4 years of work experience in grant administration
- Knowledge of grants and contracts administration and processes.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures governing the administration of grants.
- Knowledge and experience with federal grant forms.
- Knowledge of cost accounting concepts and the state's accounting system.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report data and resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the PPCAS system and grants database.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Access.
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Finance)
0-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in Finance) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Senior Accountant
Education & Experience Substitution:
4-6 years of progressive work experience (typically in Finance) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Senior Accountant
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Fiscal Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #FIAC09
Job # 2023-00761
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.