Global Marketing Co-op - Companion Animal Vaccines
The Future Talent Program features Cooperative (Co-op) education that lasts up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Animal Health Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The job scope and primary focus for this position is to actively support the global companion animal biologicals marketing team (for our pet vaccines) to advance marketing strategy across regions and to support local markets via coordination and execution of marketing activities including:
- Support, service and analysis for our companion animal biologicals (vaccines).
- Logistical support for marketing activities and new tools.
- Special projects related to the growing vaccine portfolio.
- Meeting coordination and support.
- Clear, concise and timely communication and coordination with companion animal global colleagues, with colleagues in other countries, in other species groups and other functional groups.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Candidates must be in the process of earning a BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Biology, Pharmacology, Animal Science, Agribusiness, Veterinary School, Animal Health or related degree programs.
- Candidates must have completed at least 3 years of college course work by June 2023
- Candidates must be available to work full time for 6 months.
- Candidates must have critical thinking skills to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority.
- Candidates should have problem solving skills involving several variables.
- Candidates must have strong organizational skills.
- Candidates must have the ability to follow policies and procedures and be an active member of a team.
- Candidates must be proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Candidates must have excellent English communication skills, oral and written.
- Candidates must be able to have the ability to adapt communication to international audiences.
- Candidates should have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates should have a leadership role during college.
- Candidates should have additional language fluency highly desirable.
- Candidates should have previous experience working in a multinational and/or corporate business setting.
- Candidates should have consumer or professional marketing, PR or advertising.
- Candidates should have a love and passion for animals is a plus.
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.