We are looking for a Budget Analyst to join the City of Charleston's Budget, Finance, Revenue, Collections Division! In this role, you will assist in the preparation and oversight of annual budgets.
Examples of Duties:
- Analyzes budgets, prepares and justifies budget requests, and recommends the allocation of funds according to spending priorities.
- Prepares monthly budget tracking reports, including progress charts and graphs.
- Analyzes accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs and submits recommendations for budget allocations.
- Assists supervisors in the preparation of the annual budget and various budget tracking reports.
- Maintains records pertaining to budgetary goals and progress.
- Responds to inquiries regarding the annual budget, current spending and revenue levels, and related issues.
- Collects, maintains, and analyzes records of actual operating expenses to compare with the budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.