Finance & Accounting Intern - Allentown, PA
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies globally.
We are looking for a student who wants to gain practical work experience on a part time basis. While working 40 hours per week supporting our finance team you will have the opportunity to apply the skills learned in the classroom in a work setting.
What you’ll get to do
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Prepare sales reports and perform sales price reviews
- Financial analysis to support Sr. Management, Operations and Sales
- Annual budget preparation
- Assist with capital project tracking and reporting
- Development of presentations to support management review and decision making
- Participate in special studies and ad hoc requests
Essential Experience and Skills
- Junior/Senior working towards bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software with advanced/intermediate level skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to details
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Hours are flexible based on student’s schedule for the semester
- Role operates primarily in an office environment.
- Occasional visits to our plants would include a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or walk on uneven surfaces