Porter & Allison, Inc. is actively seeking an Audit Intern to join our growing CPA practice. The ideal applicant would start as an intern working around 20 hours a week while completing credits to graduate. After graduation, working 20-30 hours a week while studying for and taking the CPA exams. Once the exams are completed or the employee is ready, a transition to a full time Audit Staff position would be available.
Work is conducted remotely and at client locations. As an intern finishing credits to graduate, work can be done 100% remotely. Audit Staff positions are in Anchorage, Alaska.
Porter & Allison, Inc.’s inception was based on the premise that the current Alaska market demands more personal and timely attention to Alaska businesses from qualified and skilled audit, tax and accounting professionals without the high overhead, administrative, and time barriers typical of larger firms. The firm’s owners, David Porter and Ben Allison, with combined public accounting experience of over 28 years throughout Alaska, come from both local and national firm environments.
- Assist in the day-to-day functions of audit, attest, and consulting engagements with a variety of client industries.
- Keep supervisors apprised of status of assignments
- Develop technical knowledge and apply the firm's audit and accounting methodology to each unique engagement.
- Actively plan and participate in engagement team discussions.
- Adhere to the firm's values and code of conduct.
- Must be actively pursuing a bachelor's or postgraduate accounting degree from an accredited college or university or graduated with a bachelor's accounting degree.
- Must be actively working towards eligibility requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team setting
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and integrity
- Maintains strong time-management and problem-solving skills