Accountant - Graduate Development Program
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Compiles, consolidates, and analyzes accounting and finance information for the production of statements, schedules, filings, and reports. May assist in the preparation of more complex reports.
- Assists in the day-to-day maintenance of standardized accounting reports.
- Participates with the review and evaluation of existing procedures and operations in assigned area for management decision-making regarding improvements.
- Reconciles and adjusts, as necessary, journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Coordinates accounting matters and reporting with other departments, locations, divisions, and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
National Interstate and Vanliner’s Graduate Development Program, Ignition, is an exciting way for young professionals to enter the workforce. Since 2014, The Ignition program is a cohort style paid training program that teaches participants to not only become experts in their field, but truly understand the insurance industry.
During the program you will:
- Participate in instructor led, self-paced and on-the-job training, gaining a true understanding of what it is National Interstate does and how your role fits in the big picture
- Become immersed in our company culture by learning our business model and value proposition
- Gain exposure to other areas of the business outside of your discipline through interactive presentations from industry experts
- Sharpen professional skills through weekly personal development trainings
- Develop your professional network with senior leaders and fellow participants through weekly teambuilding and social activities
The program is taking place in June 2023. The role will be expected to work in the Richfield, Ohio office.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Field of Study: Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
Experience: 6 months to 2 years of related experience
NIC National Interstate Corporation