Accountant I - Operations
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Operations Division and Financial Operations Team is seeking a candidate with great analytical skills and attention to detail for an Accountant I position.
If you have education and/or experience in Accounting, WE NEED YOU!
What we can offer you:
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Career Development and Learning, including LinkedIn Learning subscription
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and benefits
Hiring rate of position: $14.347 -$21.150 per hour, Pay rate may be commensurate with education and/or experience within fiscal constraints, if approved.
Location: Nebraska State Office Building
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Examples of Work
• Adjust claims in NFocus as instructed by Resource Development workers in Sharepoint.
• Answer phone calls from providers and clients to make payment arrangements on over payments.
• Accurately post payments to NFocus from OnBase requests meeting deadlines set by State Statues.
• Communicate with providers, clients, and internal staff via phone, email, and in person.
• Prepare yearly write offs meeting State deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
Post high school coursework or vocational education in accounting, finance, business administration or related field OR experience performing accounting functions including interpreting and analyzing financial data.
Preferred: Associate Degree in an Accounting or Finance field. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, NFocus, OnBase, Sharepoint is a plus.
Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance related field,
Experience in data input in Enterprise One (E-1) and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Experience with OnBase data program, NFOCUS and MMIS a plus.
Experience processing Out of State Travel Authorizations (OSTA's) and Direct Billing Authorizations (DBAs).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: principles and practices of accounting and data entry concepts. 10 key entry skills, mathematical functions related to accounting processes, word processing and spreadsheet computer software program.
Skills: Customer services skills in occasionally high stress calls. Negotiation skills for collecting debt owed per Collection Policy for overpayments . The position requires a high attention to detail and follow up skills while working with multiple programs for one task.
Abilities: To be organized to help meet deadlines set by State Statues.
Successful candidates will have experience in financial management, interpreting federal and state regulations, and posses a familiarity for a variety of financial databases.
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or genetics.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Operations, please visit our website, http://dhhs.ne.gov.