Our client, a major operator in the Oil & Gas industry, is looking for a Contracts Specialist to work on an initial 8-month asssignment in Anchorage, AK.
- Contract Specialist
- Perform contracting activities - reviewing, proposing revisions, and implementing agreements using standard documents/forms and contracting procedures
- Effectively work with BU Clients and Stakeholders, fellow Supply Chain Staff, Strategic Sourcing, Legal, and Category Managers
- Contract authoring utilizing the Company contract tools—managing any language changes through functional review and required approval processes
- Analyze suitability of potential suppliers in accordance with Company vendor qualification criteria
- Maintains records of approved, current, and potential suppliers by commodity or service
- Implement contract services in a timely and cost-efficient manner within established company policies, procedures, and standards
- Coordinate formal RFX for long term commitments and sizable purchases.
- Perform pre-bid and pre-award meetings
- Analyzes suitability of bids dependent on time constraints, cost, and quality assurance
- Prepares bid evaluations and seeks appropriate approvals of awards
- Supplier Performance Management - Ongoing support of the Contract Management Plans and KPI's
- Balancing change management and resolution of any claims
- Manage an assigned list of Alaska contracts; Plan and coordinate contract needs and recommended strategies to support various client groups; provide category contract management as necessary.
- Transactional Excellence
- Understand R2P processes and how they are executed in SAP, Actian, and SMART.
- Utilize sound judgment and analytical skills to identify issues and develop action plans to improve R2P performance.
- Well-organized self-starter that can operate both independently and in a team environment.
- Understand the Compliance reporting needs.
- Liaise with BU management to monitor and improve individual BU R2P compliance performance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Business, IT, Finance, or other related fields or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain contracting
- Proficient knowledge of the R2P process, including SAP PS, PM, MM, and eCatalog transactions