The Business Manager leads the accounting function for specific divisions of the organization. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations for these divisions. This is a fast-paced environment, therefore a positive attitude, willingness to work with a team, and the drive to take on additional tasks as necessary are highly desired.
- AP – monitor activity. Most input is performed by two other team members; you are responsible for the accuracy of their input along with some input you will be preparing
- AR – invoices are issued by Project Coordinators, you are responsible to verify they are done timely and charged correctly, specifically to the proper job and according to budget.
- Payroll – payroll is handled by another department; you will have charges to your divisions, but you are responsible for determining if they are appropriate.
- Job Costs – responsible for reconciling monthly, Job Costs Ledger to General Ledger.
- WIP – responsible for reconciling on an ongoing basis.
- Cash – responsible for daily reconciliation of the main cash account and monthly reconciliation of all PRS accounts.
- CC activity – responsible for reconciliation of all CC accounts.
- Sales tax – monthly, quarterly, and annual filings.
- Monitor e-mails – first line of communication, will get 100+ daily and need to work with the team to get things accomplished.
- Audit requests – as necessary.
- CE Administrator – learn the accounting software ComputerEase and be able to administer it.
- Maintaining SOP’s for the position.
- Respond to appropriate requests for information, both internal and external.
- Assist Controller with various duties, including but not limited to account reconciliations, prepare/enter journal entries, budget assistance.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines.
- Assist in the development of goals and objectives that lead to growth and prosperity.
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
- Review the work of employees and provide feedback to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Gather, analyze and interpret external and internal data.
*** This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job, but more of a general nature. Employee may be asked to perform duties not listed, as required by business needs. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice***
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities
- Proven experience as a business manager or relevant role.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases, and information systems. Most work is done online.
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques.
- Must know Excel through pivot tables, be able to analyze and disburse large amounts of data.
- Experience in Construction Accounting.