Athletic Facilities Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: Big Bend Community College invites applications for an Athletic Facilities Coordinator. This position provides general support to the Athletic Director and other department members by coordinating and overseeing the operations of the college’s outdoor athletic facilities. This position is responsible for scheduling, advertising, inventory management, equipment maintenance, budget development, and facility security of the college athletic fields. This position also participates in the management and staffing of events held at the DeVries Activity Center. In addition, the individual in this position is responsible to provide academic/transfer/career advising for an assigned caseload of students. This position acts as a Campus Security Authority under the Jeanne Clery Act. This position works collaboratively with other campus departments, outside organizations, and vendors.
Big Bend Community College (BBCC) is a comprehensive public community college serving a large, rural district in central Washington State. BBCC’s main campus is located in the City of Moses Lake (pop. 24,009) in Grant County, situated on the former Larson Air Force Base. In addition to the central campus, BBCC has learning centers in seven outlying communities that provide adult basic education, high school completion, and English Language Learning programs as gateways to college. We are accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and we serve approximately 4,000 students, with an annualized FTE of approximately 2,000.
Big Bend Community College strives for excellence in teaching and learning. We are a student-centered and innovative college that is committed to fostering a community that supports and recognizes the value of diversity; 42% of our student-body is Hispanic. Big Bend is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Our student body consists of 75% first-generation college students and 71% of our students receive some form of financial assistance.
Our college seeks candidates who have a deep commitment to and understanding of the rewards and challenges of working with students. We particularly welcome those who will be active participants in our small but thriving college community.
This position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by April 14, 2021. Big Bend Community College reserves the right to offer this position to a qualified candidate at any time, so a prompt response is encouraged.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Primary essential duties and responsibilities include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the use of all outdoor athletic facilities by managing the daily operations, staff, and scheduling of all athletic events and practices. Serves as the “administrator on duty” during events.
- Responsible for oversight of the rental of outdoor athletic facilities and communicating the specific details with customers, vendors, third-party providers, end users, and internal departments.
- Negotiate contracts for facilities use. Coordinate and schedule additional third-party resources such as broadcasting, athletic officials, concessions, etc. Work closely with the Business Office on revenue and expense tracking.
- Manage and coordinate facility maintenance for the buildings and grounds for all outdoor athletic locations including turf maintenance, building and fence maintenance, scoreboards, bleachers, etc. Conduct regular inspections of facilities and equipment to ensure that all equipment is cleaned, well maintained, and safe. Organize and maintain equipment storage.
- Serve as the first point of contact for outside athletic facilities and handles complaints and concerns as needed.
- Provide daily management and direction, including set-up, monitoring and controlling operations, and clean up for all activities and events using outside facilities. Activities include all athletic events, college events, camps, conferences and other outside events, etc.
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of special events and rentals including camps, clinics, conferences, games, tournaments, and events within the DeVries Activity Center.
- Assist with oversight and supervision for the DeVries Activity Center including the use of the center, weight room, fitness room, racquetball courts, locker rooms, and classrooms.
- In collaboration with the BBCC Foundation, provide support to fundraising activities designed to benefit students and college athletic programs.
- Advise students on academic, career, and transfer planning through individual counseling/advising. Utilize Starfish to provide success coaching and case management for an assigned cohort of students including referring students to services, raising flags and following-up on early alert flags, and contacting students. Participate in new student registration and orientation events and activities. May assist students in completing scholarship, financial aid, and college/university applications.
- Supervise temporary, part-time, and student workers including hiring, scheduling, tracking, and reporting hours. Approve leave requests and electronic time sheets in accordance with college policy and by stated deadlines.
- Provide technical support and staffing for broadcasting all home sporting events.
- Maintain the athletic website to include updating events, rosters, and general information. Work closely with the Communications Department to arrange for team and event photos.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and order supplies for outdoor athletic facilities. Reconcile and track invoices and expenditures, prepare forms for payment.
- Assist the Athletic Director with planning and programming of facility use.
- OTHER WORK RESPONSIBILITIES:Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Participate in college activities and serve on committees, as requested.
- Ensure no injuries to self or others by following safe work practices and policies. This includes, but is not limited to: security and safety, understanding of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), equipment, infection control, fire, disaster, safe lifting and body mechanics.
- Ensure compliance with college policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Conduct self in a professional manner and ensure the interaction with team members and other support groups is conducted in a courteous and efficient manner conducive to the college’s values.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as may be required.
MINIMUM & DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Physical Education, Athletic Administration, Business, or related field from a regionally accredited institution. Candidates currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program will be considered.
- Experience working with students or clients providing case management, coaching, mentoring, or educational planning services.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days after hire.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse academic, age, socioeconomic, cultural, ability, and ethnic backgrounds. Demonstrated commitment to enhancing equity and academic success of college students.
- Two years athletic and/or recreation administration experience.
- Experience maintaining and updating websites and social media accounts.
- Previous contract negotiations experience.
- Previous experience working at a community college.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish proficiency.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: This position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by April 14, 2021. Big Bend Community College reserves the right to offer this position to a qualified candidate at any time, so a prompt response is encouraged.
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required qualifications and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- BBCC Online application.
- Cover letter, addressing why you are interested in this position and how your qualifications make you the ideal candidate.*
- Comprehensive resume or CV.*
- Response(s) to the questions found in the Supplemental Questions Tab above.*
- Unofficial transcripts documenting undergraduate and graduate course work and degrees. Official transcripts required upon employment.*
NOTE: All of the above items are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The items marked with an asterisk are required to be included/uploaded with your online application prior to submission. The college reserves the right to remove documents, submitted but not requested, by BBCC as part of the application process. These documents include, but are not limited to statements of teaching philosophy, diversity statement, letters of recommendation, student evaluations, performance evaluations, etc.
BBCC reserves the right to not fill this position, reject all applicants, reopen the position, or make a direct appointment. Applications received during this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies at the College's discretion.
Persons hired will need to provide documentation verifying identity and employment authorization to work in the United States.
A background check including criminal record history will be conducted for new hires. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform the position.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants must declare whether they are the subject of any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct in any current or former employment or are currently being investigated for, or have left a position during an investigation into, a violation of any sexual misconduct policy at the applicant’s current or past employers. By law, post-secondary education institutions cannot hire an applicant who does not complete the questions.
Official transcripts must be provided to the college within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
Big Bend Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical, mental or sensory disability, use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, marital status, pregnancy status or families with children, a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, genetic information, and/or status as a veteran or any other legally protected classification.
Big Bend provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity, and/or grievances to the Vice President of Human Resources & Labor/Equal Opportunity Officer/Title IX Coordinator/Section 504 Coordinator, BBCC 7662 Chanute Street NE, Moses Lake, WA 98837; 509-793-2010 or via email at email@example.com.
In compliance with state and federal regulations, BBCC is committed to a safe and drug and alcohol-free campus. Employees are expected to comply with BBCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notifications of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety. The complete policy and procedure are available to view on the policies page of the BBCC website. Printed copies of the policy and procedure are available by contacting the Human Resources Office at 509-793-2008.
BBCC strives to be a safe and secure campus for our students, employees, and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent-three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety and Security page of the BBCC website. If you have questions or would like a printed copy of the materials please contact Campus Safety and Security at 509-793-2286.
This posting does not reflect the entire job description and may be changed and/or modified, at any time, without notice.
If you have difficulty logging into your account, attaching documents, submitting your application, etc., please contact NEOGOV Customer Service at 1-855-524-5627.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
7662 Chanute Street, NE
Moses Lake, WA 98837