Programmer Analyst I/II (2 openings)
- Provides technical programming analysis and support to users including design, development, modification, problem resolution, and short-term planning in order to meet business objectives.
- Plans and recommends process solutions for the company.
- Responsible for design, requirement analysis, installation, documentation, trouble shooting, and monitoring of computer systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or another related field of study is required.
- Candidates completing a degree by July 2021 will be considered.
Programmer Analyst I
- No experience required.
Programmer Analyst II
- Four years or more job related experience
What sort of candidate are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate would be someone with:
- An insatiable desire to learn and be part of a high performance team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to be flexible and handle multiple work projects and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Able to work independently in a productive, fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to provide occasional after-hours support.
To really grab our attention, tell us about your experiences with any of the following:
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Procedural Language/SQL (PL/SQL)
- PowerShell scripting, Linux shell scripting, and/or other scripting languages
- Java, C#, Python, or other programming languages/frameworks
- Database querying or modeling
- Relational Database
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Under normal operating conditions, this position will be reporting to the ALLETE Headquarters in Duluth, MN. In accordance with the Company’s current work-from-home policy, the position may start as a remote, work-from-home opportunity. The duration of any remote work option is subject to the business need and evolving guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some training may need to occur in the office, with safety protocol and social distancing.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.