Air Resources Engineer (241281)
RIVERSIDE, CA LOCATION:
- Are you looking for challenges on several levels from technical engine and aftertreatment controls to group project solving to writing and communicating effectively? Then, the Diesel On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) Section is looking for you to step up and fill the Air Resources Engineer vacancy in the OBD Branch
- This position will involve heavy exposure to new technology for both light and heavy duty vehicles as you learn how the diagnostic system monitors sensors and components for malfunctions
- Duties will include certification and evaluation of the in-use performance of certified OBD systems for proper detection of faulty emission control components and illumination of the check engine light at the appropriate time relative to emission increases.
- The OBD system evaluations may include testing for proper communication with scan tools that interrogate the system for fault and other system information and proper interaction with smog check, and operating the vehicle on the road or in the laboratory on a dynamometer
- Other primary duties include assisting with the development of light- and heavy-duty OBD regulatory updates or preparation of guidance documents that clarify elements of the certification process.
Use the CALHR link to apply for this position: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=241281
Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com
About California Air Resources Board
The California Air Resources Board is a part of the California Environmental Protection Agency. The Board's mission is to promote and protect public health, welfare and ecological resources through the effective and efficient reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and considering the effects on the economy of the state.
The Major Goals of the Board are to:
(1) Provide Safe, Clean Air to All Californians
(2) Protect the Public from Exposure to Toxic Air Contaminants Reduce California's Emission of Greenhouse Gases
(3) Provide Leadership in Implementing and Enforcing Air Pollution Control Rules and Regulations
(4) Provide Innovative Approaches for Complying with Air Pollution Rules and Regulations
(5) Base Decisions on Best Possible Scientific and Economic Information
(6) Provide Quality Customer Service to All ARB Clients