Process Development Associate
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading clinical-stage CRISPR genome engineering biotechnology company located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development and the company is advancing a pipeline of genome-edited cell therapies for various oncology indications. The eight-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. At Caribou, every employee is valued for their unique perspective, background, and diversity. Every person on the Caribou team contributes to problem solving and innovation. The Company’s vision is to advance agile genome editing innovations for the benefit of our communities.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced cell therapy Process Development Associate to join our Technical Operations team in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will interact with team members across the organization and provide Analytical Development support to the Company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop cGMP-compatible CAR-T cell separation, cell enrichment, cell expansion, gene editing, final formulation and related processes for scale-up
• Use engineering principles to leverage bench and pilot scale models for cell therapy manufacturing process performance characterization
• Participate in technical transfer of technologies to CMO/ and provide training and on-going technical support
• Design and execute characterization studies, evaluate product impact of scale-up and/or raw material changes
• Optimize scale-up of operations compatible with applicable quality assurance guidelines
• Generate development reports and prepare SOPs and batch records
• Participate in cross-functional teams, working in a highly matrixed team environment to advance preclinical program
Requirements (skills, education, experience, etc.):
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology or a related field
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in pharma or biotech, preferably working in process development and/or manufacturing operations
• Experience with cell culture, cell-based assays and a working knowledge of cell biology/immunology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
• Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with CAR-T cell process development
• Experience with multi-color flow cytometry
• Experience interacting with CMO partners
• Background in immunology or immune cell engineering
• Experience developing and tech transferring cell therapies toward GMP-Manufacturing
• Experience with statistical design of experiments, advanced data analysis and Quality by Design concepts
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up biotechnology company, and the successful candidate should have a passion for science and a desire to work in a collaborative environment. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and valued for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions.
For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Follow the Company @CaribouBio.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.