Technology Development Research Associate
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading clinical-stage CRISPR genome engineering biotechnology company located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development and the company is advancing an internal pipeline of genome-edited cell therapies for various oncology indications. The eight-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. At Caribou, every employee is valued for their unique perspective, background, and diversity. Every person on the Caribou team contributes to problem solving and innovation. The Company’s vision is to advance agile genome editing innovations for the benefit of our communities.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Technology Development group. You will interact closely with Scientists and other RAs to support a variety of efforts aimed at developing and optimizing genome engineering tools and procedures. Overall, the ideal candidate should have a strong background in molecular biology and mammalian cell culture.
• Generate materials for mammalian cell transfections using conventional molecular biology techniques including plasmid purification, PCR, and RNA transcription
• Mammalian cell culture, maintenance, and transfection; including iPSCs
• Coordinate experiments with other RAs and Scientists across functional groups, compile data, and present results
• Aid in developing new assays and technological capabilities
You should possess the following:
• B.Sc. or equivalent in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, or a related field
• An inquisitive approach to science, attention to detail, and a desire to work collaboratively with colleagues of diverse professional and cultural backgrounds
• Experience in the biotech industry or in an academic, research, or manufacturing laboratory
• Broad experience in basic molecular biology techniques including plasmid preparation, PCR, and RNA handling
• Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
Experience in any of these areas is a plus:
• Mammalian cell culture techniques in primary cells and immortalized cell lines
• Experience working with mammalian genome editing technologies and procedures
• Experience working with next-generation sequencing (NGS) methods
• Familiarity running FACS analysis for cell surface phenotyping
• M.Sc. or equivalent in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology or a related field
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up biotechnology company, and the successful candidate should have a passion for science and a desire to work in a collaborative environment. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and valued for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions.
For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Follow the Company @CaribouBio.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.