ADA Construction Coordinator
Civil Engineering Specialist 2 – ADA Construction Coordinator
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division – Region 1
Barlow Construction Crew
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor's Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit our COVID-19 web page for more information.
Are you looking to build a career in construction engineering? Interested in being an expert in applying the Americans with Disabilities Act to transportation construction? Bring your skills to our team by overseeing and leading complex field engineering projects! This will involve coordinating project schedules, responsibility for project communication plans and mentoring members of the crew. You will primarily work with issues around ADA ramps for all construction offices in ODOT’s Region 1. Apply today!
This recruitment is to augment the candidate pool generated by job announcement REQ-50705. If you have previously applied for this position, you do not need to re-apply. Names of qualified applicants will remain on the list for further consideration.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
- Lead field inspection activities on complex highway construction projects, reviewing contract work for compliance.
- Suspend contract work for non-specification work or materials. Recommend accepting or rejecting contract work.
- Resolve project issues proactively. Review and recommend changes to project plans and specifications.
- Assign or adjust work to meet contractor schedules and staffing levels.
- Prepare and recommend project budget, crew and personnel needs based on projections and reports.
- Assist in contract administration functions. Research and prepare technical reports.
- Work on proposed contract change orders, extra work orders, and state force orders.
- Establish and maintain responsible relations with contractors, project personnel and the public. Represent projects at public meetings.
- May work long hours and be on call 24/7, including holidays.
- Occasional travel is required. Work in the field around traffic, construction and weather hazards.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance and 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules and competitive benefits packages. Click here to visit our full benefits website.
- Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click HERE to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Surveying or Transportation-related Engineering and two years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience; OR
- Five years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been independently planning and completing assignments; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 17, 2021.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 971-345-1967 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.