Modeling Engineer, Entry Level
Are you a new or soon to be new grad? Check out this awesome opportunity! The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a dynamic individual to join the Integrated Reactor Engineering team! The selected candidate will work on developing real-time reactor plant models. These real-time models support testing of reactor plant equipment and software, and serve as a platform for US Navy reactor plant operator training. The individual will work with a cross-organizational team to develop, test and deploy these platforms.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with stakeholders to identify needs and wants for the real-time models (features)
- Development of real-time models using 3KEYMASTER and other modeling technologies
- Testing and validation of real-time models using reactor plant software and equipment
- Development of new modeling approaches to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Provide consulting and support for operating platforms
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience; or
- Mechanical, Nuclear, or Electrical Engineering degree
- Experience with programing tools: C / C++, Qt (C++ cross-platform framework), Java, Python, and/or Matlab / Simulink
- Experience with simulator tools: 3KEYMASTER and/or GSE
- Good organizational and communication skills (written and oral)