Engineering Technician - Traffic Analyst (Internship)
HDL Engineering Consultants, LLC (HDL) is a leader in providing civil, geotechnical, transportation and arctic engineering, environmental and earth science, surveying, and construction management services in Alaska, with offices in Anchorage, Palmer, and Kenai. We are seeking engineering interns interested in joining our client-focused team of professionals for the summer of 2021.
This position works directly with the Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) on our summer traffic projects by providing assistance in the collection of traffic flow counts, performing traffic speed studies, placing traffic counting equipment within roadways, and inputting traffic data in to the MOA database.
Required Job Qualification:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Willing and able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Capable of lifting 70 lbs in a safe manner.
- Capable of using a 5 lb hammer to anchor recording equipment in the pavement.
- Able to work Monday - Thursday, 10 hours per day.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collect peak hour traffic flows.
- Perform spot speed studies, trail counts, and manual intersection counts.
- Process and enter data, perform data editing accident analysis.
- Place traffic counters within roadways.
- Perform other duties as needed.
This position involves office and field work. When in the office, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. Occasional climbing, kneeling or crouching, and reaching with hands and arms may also be required. Field work will frequently be along or near busy roadways or intersections, and is done outside where inclement weather may be encountered. This position may be required to lift up 70 lbs when placing traffic counters with in roadways.
HDL provides a fun, interesting, and flexible work environment for our talented employees. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, challenging projects, and great co-workers and clients.
How to Apply
If you think you would be a good fit for this position and are qualified and interested in applying, please complete the online application form located at: https://hdlalaska.applicantpro.com/jobs/ . A resume and cover letter may be attached to the completed application.
Equal Opportunity Employer