Staff Air Quality Engineer (Entry Level)
ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Air Quality Engineer to join our consulting team in Denver, CO. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for clients in the technology, oil & gas, energy, and mining sectors throughout North America. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national Air Quality & Climate Change experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change technical community pursues and wins highly innovative engagements for the most interesting clients, providing the full breadth of air quality and climate change services. With annual global sales in excess of $50 million, ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change service area is one of the largest among its peers in our industry and is steadily growing at a double-digit pace. In North America alone, ERM has more than 300 dedicated air quality and climate change professionals assisting clients with projects as diverse as developing responses to emerging Low Carbon Fuel Standards, to leading complex capital projects through the many hurdles associated with the NSR permitting program.
- Conduct air quality analyses, assess regulatory compliance, and perform regulatory applicability evaluations.
- Support development of complete and accurate air quality permits for local and regional construction permits, Title V, PSD, and New Source Review (NSR) permits and compliance documents.
- Prepare emission inventories; quantify air pollutant emissions using process and emission factors, and assess impacts against defined thresholds.
- Evaluate air pollution control technologies, including technical and economic feasibility of air pollution control equipment.
- Participate in climate change programs, supporting greenhouse gas inventories, emission reductions, energy efficiency, public disclosure and verification.
- Assist with environmental compliance management systems and processes.
- Participate in environmental compliance audits and prepare recommendations and reporting of results; implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with permits and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform multiple assigned tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Strong Team interactions and engagements with ERM technical communities to support expanding technical knowledge and career development;
- Interact and sustain relationships with local, regional and global project teams and clients.
- BS in chemical, environmental, or mechanical engineering or related degree
- Recent graduate to 2 years of direct consulting or industry experience involving state construction and Title V permitting; PSD, NSR, BACT, and/or MACT experience a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of air emissions and emission reporting processes.
- Strong hands-on spreadsheet and database comprehension.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, with periodic travel to client facilities, as needed.
Per Colorado Pay Transparency requirements (CEPA):
The typical salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000 placement in range is commensurate with skills, abilities, experience and performance.
ERM offers our regular full time employees a comprehensive and market competitive Total Rewards/benefits program. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, paid vacation sick time and retirement as well as additional voluntary benefits and bonus opportunities, depending upon the opening. Please talk to your Talent Acquisition Consultant for more information.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!