GIS Specialist (Associate Level)
ERM is seeking an experienced GIS Specialist to join our San Francisco, CA office. The GIS Specialist will join an existing team of professionals to leverage geospatial and other data analysis and visualization technologies in support of our core services. These include impact assessment, environmental planning and permitting, energy infrastructure studies, health and safety, remediation and sustainability related services.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure GIS and data deliverables meet or exceed our clients’ needs.
- Plan, design, implement, and maintain large, complex, multiyear GIS projects.
- Organize and manage project data, analysis, and mapping following company protocols and industry best practices.
- Prioritize, organize, perform, and direct numerous work assignments in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
- Author and edit geoprocessing scripts and tools with python and model-builder.
- Generate custom maps and analysis for numerous clients covering a variety of projects.
- Publish and maintain ArcGIS web-based map services and applications.
- Integrate disparate data formats beyond traditional Esri geospatial formats, including KML/KMZ, CAD, LiDAR, and other sources of remotely sensed data.
- Develop and deploy field GPS and data collection systems including Trimble GPS and Esri mobile applications.
- Expand GIS capabilities by exploring new technologies and software, plus ways to improve existing methods, tools, and workflows.
- Serve as a technical resource in assisting others to troubleshoot and resolve problems with specialized GIS software and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, natural sciences or comparable field; Master’s degree in GIS preferred.
- Minimum of three years professional experience using Esri’s ArcGIS 10x and Pro suite of software including the Spatial Analyst extension.
- Advanced experience with data management including organizing and maintaining complex projects containing geospatial and tabular data, mxds, custom tools and toolboxes, analysis output, maps, and SQL enterprise geodatabases.
- Advanced experience designing and conducting complex geospatial analyses utilizing Python or ModelBuilder to develop customized tools and procedures.
- Experience with projects spanning large geographies across multiple coordinate system boundaries.
- Experience designing and developing ArcGIS Online web maps and customized web apps utilizing ArcGIS Server.
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting Esri mobile applications such as Collector, Survey123, and Operations Dashboard.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Access; and the integration of spreadsheets, relational database tables, and text files in ArcGIS.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, keen orientation to detail, and an eye for professional presentation and aesthetics in project deliverables (maps, charts, graphs, tables, and other visualizations).
- Previous experience working effectively with others in a team environment to deliver quality projects on time and within budgets.
- Thorough knowledge of the technical application, concepts, principles, and theories in GIS and GPS.
- Self-motivated, quick learning, curious, resourceful, flexible individual with a common-sense approach to conducting business and workload management.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in GIS.
- Experience as a primary point-of-contact on mid- to large-scale GIS projects.
- Experience performing GIS for linear energy or transportation projects utilizing a map series (data-driven pages), linear referencing and route calibrations.
- Experience with Python, R, or other scripting and programming languages.
- Experience using ArcGIS Pro in a production setting, creating Python geoprocessing tools for ArcPro, and designing queries in Arcade.
- Experience gathering GPS data with Trimble GPS hardware and software and data processing with GPS Pathfinder Office software.
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD software, MS-Visio, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign).
- Experience with LiDAR processing software including LAStools or Terrasolid.
- Experience with EarthSoft’s EQuIS software.
- Experience visualizing data and analytics in Business Intelligence (BI) software including Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView.
- Experience with subsurface 3D modeling with geochemical and other forms of sample data.
- Experience using 3D modeling and software like Blender, 3ds Max, Maya, etc., for performing Visual Impact Assessment simulations.
- Experience with modeling noise, air, spills, surface flows, and plumes.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!